Provide Input As to ADA Compliance Recommedations
Everyone's input is welcomed in making our site ADA compliant. Please click the link above to submit recommendations via email.
The District is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website for students, employees, visitors, and members of the community with disabilities. All pages on the District’s website shall conform to Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines(WCAG) 2.0 developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), or updated equivalents of these guidelines.
Under District developed administrative procedures, students, parents, and members of the public may present a complaint regarding a violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Section 504 related to the accessibility of any official District web presence which is developed by, maintained by, or offered through the District or third party vendors and open sources.
Website Accessibility Complaint and Grievance Form
DATE OF COMPLAINT/GRIEVANCE:________________________
PHONE:____ __________ __________
WEBSITE ADDRESS (OR LOCATION) OF ACCESSIBILITY PROBLEM:___________________________________________________________
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROBLEM ENCOUNTERED: _____________________________________________________________________
_____________________________________________________________________SOLUTION DESIRED: ____________________________________________________________
Please submit this form to: email@example.com
Or mail to: Elizabethtown Independent Schools
219 Helm St.
Elizabethtown, Ky 42701
Thank you for bringing this matter to the District’s attention. You may be contacted if more information is needed to process your complaint/grievance. The investigation process is typically completed within fifteen (15) working days from the date it was received.
The complaint or grievance will be investigated by the Superintendent/designee. The complainant shall be contacted no later than five (5) working days following the date the District receives the information. The procedures to be followed are:
· An investigation of the complaint shall be completed within fifteen (15) working days. Extension of the time line may only be approved by the Superintendent.
· The investigator shall prepare a written report of the findings and conclusions within five (5) working days of the completion of the investigation.
· The investigator shall contact the complainant upon conclusion of the investigation to discuss the findings and conclusions and actions to be taken as a result of the investigation.
A record of each complaint and grievance shall be maintained at the District office. The record shall include a copy of the complaint or grievance filed, report of findings from the investigation, and the disposition of the matter.
EXPLANATION: THERE ARE 4 SPECIFIC QUESTIONS THAT ARE TO BE PART OF THE HOME LANGUAGE SURVEY. THIS CLEAN-UP ENSURES THOSE 4 QUESTIONS ARE INCLUDED.
FINANCIAL IMPACT: NONE
POWERS AND DUTIES OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION 01.1
Legal Status of the Board
1. The school district is under the management and control of the Board of Education consisting of five (5) members.
2. The Board is a body politic and corporate with perpetual succession.
3. The Board shall be known as the “Board of Education of Elizabethtown, Kentucky.”
4. The Board may sue and be sued; make contracts; expend funds necessary for liability insurance premiums and for the defense of any civil action brought against an individual Board member in his official or individual capacity, or both, on account of an act made in the scope and course of his performance of legal duties as a Board member; purchase, receive, hold, and sell property; issue its bonds to build and construct improvements; and do all things necessary to accomplish the purposes for which it is created.1
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATION
As required by federal law, the District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetic information, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to its facilities to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Notice of the name, work address and telephone number of the Title IX Coordinator and the Section 504 Coordinator for the District shall be provided to employees, applicants for employment, students, parents/guardians, and other beneficiaries such as participants in activities offered to the public.